Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Got my swap fabric

I joined in a fabric swap on Quilt Pixie's site. I got my box today. THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I love these because you can usually get rid of some things that you wont use and give it to someone who will. The fabric scraps I received were so inspiring i have set up a personal project using them. Yes a scrap quilt for MOI. The great thing about scrap quilts is that anything goes. I need to let go a bit. I have become a bit too organized with some parts of my life. So once D-crazy's birthday quilt from MAY is done and my mom and dad's xmas one is done and all the quilting and binding is done I am making myself a birthday scrap quilt. My bday is 1/4 and I will be 32 this year. I will give myself a year to get it done, hopefully it wont take nearly that long but there were some projects that got put on the back burner. A quilt in sage and pink, mike's batik and a couple others. Plus i have been slacking on the shop. I have a few more headbands but now that winter is coming i think i should make some more bags. OH and I got my drill bits for my lake glass.
My boss loved her mantle scarf and pillow. I want to see if she will take a picture of them for me, if so I will post them. Oh forgot that other baby quilt too. Off to read for a bit then up to bed.

1 comment:

Domesticrazy said...

I'm glad you're making something for yourself! I can't wait to see it. You deserve a warm snuggly quilt all your own.

You know that flour/cement from last Friday? I'm still finding it. Everywhere. I just noticed some in my ring.