Thursday, September 25, 2008

Projects ohhh ahhh

Here were the orders I made for my boss's boss.

I made them both from pictures of things she found on the internet. Don't know why she didn't just buy them there BUT that's not the point. The point is she came to me to ask me to make them for her. I charged her more than what they were listed for online and she didn't even blink. Part of me thinks she really appreciates my work and wanted something made by me. But this is my BOSS"S BOSS here. This is also the person who BRAGGED that she went to ALDI's for the first time with her husband and didnt get the idea that you had to pay for your cart. You get the quarter back when you return the cart. Well it at least gave me the opportunity to make my first mantle scarf and a cute little decorative pillow.

I have an idea to make some scarf's for the holidays with gift boxes or something rather than the pumkins. Thier cool because the pumpkins make little pockets that you can put candy in. Now tomorrow Im off to D-crazy's for some good old fashioned family time.

1 comment:

Donna said...

went to reply to your comment and on my blog and found your email set to no reply :-( (In case you don't know and want to change it look in your profile settings on the main blogger dashboard and simply check the box by email visible)

I didn't have a pattern other then thoughts in my head -- just cut diamonds from muslin the width of my ruler with angles of 60 and 120 degrees and then fit them together. I put the strips on across the diamond, but you get a completely different effect if they run the length of the diamond shape... I simply pull out whatever is in my scra bin -- only "rule" being you can throw it back if that fabric is already on that foundation patch... Gives a very scrappy look at the end...

I think the mantle scarf is a cute idea -- you did a great job.